Principal Investigator and Associate Director
I am Associate Director at the University of Oxford e-Research Centre and I also work at Nature Publishing Group as data consultant and Honorary Academic Editor for Scientific Data, an open access data publication platform.
As Principal Investigator at the Centre, my activities are around and in support of data curation, management and publication and their pivotal roles in enabling reproducible research, driving science and discoveries. I focus on life science, environmental and biomedical domains, collaborating with data producers and service providers, and pre-competitive informatics initiatives, journals and funding agencies to develop software and promote the creation and uptake of community-developed ontology and standards. I am a founding and/or core member of several international grass-root standards.
Key community services and consultancy
- Data Consultant - Nature Publishing Group
- Board of Directors - Dryad
- Technical Advisory Board - Research Data Alliance
- IT Architecture Advisory Group - University of Oxford
- Data Intensive Bioscience Expert Working Group - BBSRC
- Steering Committee - NIH BD2K CEDAR centre
- Steering Committee and Data Market Task Force leader - NIH BD2K BioCADDIE centre